We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Streetworks Coordinator to join our dynamic Highways and Transport Service at Wokingham Borough Council.
As the Senior Streetworks Coordinator, you will lead the coordination workstream with the aim of minimising traffic congestion across the Wokingham Borough, whilst being mindful of the need to maintain highway and utility apparatus. You will play a key role ensuring operational targets are met and major works on the highway are coordinated and communicated effectively.
You will be a highly motivated and versatile individual who is able to take ownership of your decisions and manage your time in a reactive and fast paced service. The ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, as well as customers, is key, along with experience of coordinating streetworks permits.
- Overseeing and managing the coordination of Streetworks permits, licenses, public events, and temporary Traffic Regulation Orders
- To manage and respond to customer enquiries, with customer excellence in mind at all time
- To represent Streetworks at Collaborative Planning sessions and other internal meetings
- To promote positive and collaborative relationship with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Line management for two Streetworks Coordinators
- Good IT skills related to Microsoft Office suite of apps
- Experience of social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter (highly desirable)
- A dedicated team player
- Customer focused to deliver a positive customer journey
Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading.
We can offer a fantastic range of benefits including flexible working opportunities, generous annual leave entitlement, a local government pension scheme, sport and leisure discounts, an onsite gym at Shute End and much more.
It is an exciting time to join Wokingham Borough Council. Ambitious infrastructure projects to maintain a large road network and to support a growing population continue to be delivered across the Borough.
Post-Covid, our workforce is continuing to develop new and innovative ways of working. With generous annual leave provision, as well as flexible working, Wokingham Borough Council commits to supporting its staff both at home and in the office. There are also opportunities for continuous personal development with an expansive Apprenticeship programme potentially available.
Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2023, 11pm
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd October 2023
For more information, please contact Edward Day, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and if suitable candidates are identified this advert may close before the closing date.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.