We have a great opportunity to work for Halton Council in the Motor Vehicle Team as an Engineer/Technician
The position(s) gives the opportunity for non contractual overtime and standby payments that could achieve a significant addition to the annual salary. For further details or an informal chat please contact : Chris Cullen, Lead Officer on 07733306977
We are looking for a fully skilled Engineer that will provide additional skills and added quality to our present team of skilled workers.
Full training will be provided to achieve Nominated Tester status and an Enthusiastic attitude is required to continue their engineering development..
The main duties will include:
- Compliance with the Authorities Operator Licence by providing quality maintenance and repair of the Councils fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- The repair and maintenance of all other Vehicle and Plant operated by the Authority.
- Hackney Carriage and Private vehicle Taxi Testing.
- Class IV, V and VII MOT testing.
- Repair and Maintenance of private cars and light commercial vehicles
The successful applicant will be based at Halton Borough Council Depot ,Lower House Lane,Widnes.
The ideal candidiate will have:
- First class mechanical engineering skills with a proven history of the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles; Light Commercial Vehicles and Cars.
- Good standard of education and a commitment to continual development.
- A flair for mechanics and engineering.
- A willingness to pass skills on and learn new skills.
- Good communication skills.
“You will enjoy working here in Halton, we look forward to hearing from you”
Some of the benefits of working here at Halton Borough Council are:
- Competitive salary
- Access to the local government pension scheme
- Generous leave entitlement of up to 34 days per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Great work environment
- Justdrive Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme available to employees
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Chris Cullen on 0151 511 7937.
Interviews are expected to be held In September 2023