Hours of work: N/A
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
Closing date: Sunday 31 December 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
South Downs Learning Trust
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
South Downs Learning Trust (SDLT) is seeking dedicated individuals to join our team as Trustees, contributing to the strategic direction and effective governance of our educational organization. As a trustee, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our schools, ensuring that every child receives an outstanding education and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Governance and Leadership: Provide strategic oversight and guidance to the Multi Academy Trust (MAT), ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Contribute to the development and implementation of the trust's vision, values, and objectives.
- Educational Excellence: Monitor and evaluate the performance of the academies within the MAT, ensuring high standards of education and achievement. Support the development and implementation of effective policies and practices to improve outcomes for all students.
- Financial Stewardship: Work closely with the executive team to oversee financial management, ensuring the trust operates within budgetary constraints and with transparency. Monitor financial performance and contribute to the planning and execution of long-term financial strategies.
- Partnerships and Community Engagement: Collaborate with stakeholders, including parents, staff, and local communities, to build strong relationships and foster engagement. Promote the MAT's mission and values to external partners, contributing to partnerships and opportunities for collaboration.
- Risk Management and Compliance: Identify and manage risks, ensuring the trust operates in accordance with legal and regulatory frameworks. Promote safeguarding practices and support the development of policies and procedures to protect the welfare of students and staff.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership or governance role, ideally within the education or non-profit sector.
- A strong commitment to promoting educational excellence and improving outcomes for all students.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of the trust's vision and goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex information and make informed decisions.
- Availability to attend trustee meetings and engage in ongoing professional development activities.
To apply for the position of Trustee, please submit the following documents:
- A comprehensive CV highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for joining the Multi Academy Trust as a trustee and how your skills align with the role.
- Contact details for two professional references.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact the Clerk on the above e mail.
The Multi Academy Trust is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming new trustees who share our passion for educational excellence and the empowerment of students.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.