Day to day, you will support the Registered Manager in providing leadership to all staff to deliver the highest quality of person-centred care within a safe working and living environment. You will liaise with the Multidisciplinary Team. You will ensure our residents are cared for in a way that promotes their dignity and independence.
Day or Nights available for Full or Part time hours.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for storage, handling and administration of medication in line with Professional and Legal responsibilities. Clinical responsibilities and support for people with nursing needs may include, but is not limited to, wound care, palliative care, catheterisation and catheter care, injections (including controlled drugs and insulin), nutrition, oxygen therapy and care at end of life. As the Nurse on duty, you’ll be given autonomy to work independently.
- People can rely on me
- I really care about others
- I like to help people
- I enjoy being active
- I’m a good listener
- I can understand how others feel
- I’m a practical type of person
- Nothing phases me
If the above is you, please read on...
You will receive a supportive Induction and shadowing period. This will enable orientation to the service and relevant training to be completed.
You'll need to have current NMC registration and up to date knowledge of clinical practices, regulatory frameworks, and guidelines as well as the ability to motivate and lead a team. Previous experience in a care home is not essential but you’ll need to be passionate about person centred care.
Ensuring high standards of care are always delivered, you’ll regularly assess, develop, implement and review individualised care plans for each of our residents to ensure all aspects of their wellbeing are met holistically.
Career development and training opportunities
Our Team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. You will receive ongoing support with training, development, and Revalidation.
As a Nurse joining Longlands, you will receive a supportive induction and shadowing period to enable orientation to the service and for relevant training to be completed.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure paid for by West Northamptonshire Council.
Longlands Care home provides exceptional levels of support in nursing, residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in Daventry and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.