Our Family Safeguarding teams are dedicated to improving the outcomes of Children and Families within West Berkshire. If you are passionate about supporting families to make sustained change and share our drive to keep more children safely at home with their families then this could be the role for you.
We have exciting opportunities for a Senior Social Worker to join our East and West Family Safeguarding Teams.
We are Ofsted rated ‘Good’ and aspire to work towards an ‘Outstanding’ rating with Ofsted stating that West Berkshire Council has “A strong, stable and child-focused leadership team that has continued to improve services for children and families in West Berkshire”.
Come and join us to be part of our journey of further improvement and dedication to the children of West Berkshire.
- Utilising the Family Safeguarding Model you will work in collaboration with other specialist workers including Domestic Abuse Practitioners, Recovery Workers and Mental Health Practitioners to offer group based interventions to families.
- You will manage a complex caseload appropriate to experience, including assessments of children, families and parenting.
- As lead professional, you will contribute to the provision of good quality services which integrate government and local initiatives and guidance.
- You will take on a relevant lead area across the Service, including delivery of training or dissemination of current research and best practice, and will deputise for the Assistant Team Manager during any periods of absence.
- You will provide leadership and professional wisdom to colleagues and other professionals for work in situations of high complexity.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and attributes
- You will have a minimum of three years’ social work experience post-ASYE (i.e. four years post qualification)
- You will have experience of conducting all aspects of Care Proceedings from Public Law Outline to Final Hearing.
- You will have the ability to mentor colleagues and develop assessment skills.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits, find out more…https://westberkschildrensocialwork.jgp.co.uk/our-offer
All roles are subject to an annual banding pay review until the top of the pay grade is reached (following successfully passing probation) All roles will be eligible for the annual national pay award.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, we would love to hear from you. Do not hesitate to contact Sonia Harris, Service Manager on 01635 519785 for an informal chat about this role.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role requires the incumbent to have a car available at work to undertake his/her duties as they will be expected to undertake at least 1500 business miles per year. Essential Car User status attracts a lump sum allowance paid on a monthly basis as well as a free car parking space if he/she works at one of the Council’s corporate buildings.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share these values. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be offered employment subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications