Temporary (in the first instance) – September 2023 – Fixed Term
Post: Teaching Assistant (Level 2) – Early Years – (SEND)
School: Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Primary School
The children, staff and Governors are seeking to appoint an excellent Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our team. We are looking for somebody who:
• is supportive of the Catholic nature of our school
• is passionate about learning and teaching in the Early Years
• has high expectations of themselves and of our children
• works well as part of a team and is able to bring a new dimension to our already successful staffing structure
• is willing to be involved in the wider life of the school and community.
We can offer:
• the opportunity to work in a happy, welcoming and caring school
• a lovely classroom and outdoor environment
• the support and guidance of an experienced Leadership team
• motivated, curious and creative young children who are eager to learn
• very supportive school staff and governors.
To work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of teaching and/or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all pupils and assistance and support in classroom management and behaviour techniques.
Support for the Pupil
- Establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model
- Be aware of and respond appropriately to individual pupil needs ensuring effective interaction
- Provide specific support to pupils dependant upon their individual needs ensuring their safety whilst supporting access to learning activities
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance and direction of the teacher
Support for the Teacher
- Provide minimal clerical/administration support (e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money, etc)
- Assist with the display of children’s work
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans
- In liaison with the teacher, utilise strategies to support pupils in achieving learning goals
- Report pupil achievements, progress and issues as appropriate in agreed format.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents and encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour in line with established school policy
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers
Support for the Curriculum
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/learning programmes, taking into consideration pupil learning styles
- Undertake literacy/numeracy programmes, recording achievements and progress and providing appropriate reports and feedback for the teacher
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection. Report all concerns to the appropriate person (as named in the policy concerned).
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and development/improvement plan
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of directed lesson time, including before and after school if appropriate and within working hours
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
Closing Date: 2nd October 2023 – 12 noon
Interview Date : Week commencing 9th October 2023
How to Apply
Please ensure any supporting statements/letters evidence how you fulfill each criteria on the job description and person specification.
Please note that we do not accept CV's.
Please return completed application forms to email@example.com