Building Control Surveyor
Wokingham Borough Council have an exciting opportunity for two Building Control Surveyor’s to join our award-winning Building Control Team, on a fulltime, permanent basis.
Due to continued success and market growth, we are looking to recruit both a General Level and a Domestic Level Building Control Surveyor to manage portfolios of domestic and non-domestic projects, providing expert advice, supervision, and consultancy services, across projects in Wokingham and the West Berkshire area.
We’re passionate about providing a high-quality service and delivering on projects and have recently been recognised as Award Winners at the LABC Central regional Building Excellence Award 2022, and following the LABC Peer Service review, it was concluded that we are a top quartile performing service nationally.
We offer an incredible benefits package which includes generous annual leave of up to 30 days (rising to 35 days after 5 years’ continued service), plus bank holidays, an enhanced local government pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, a range of discounts, onsite gym and more!
This is an excellent time to join our team as we undertake a diverse portfolio of major projects including large-scale housing developments, school developments and town centre redevelopment.
- Manage a portfolio of Band A and Band B development sites, including non-domestic low risk schemes (including new applications)
- Provide accurate information, advice, and professional support to businesses and/or individuals, in accordance with the inspection framework
- Support and supervise, in accordance with the management framework, other members of the team including, where agreed, the delegation of plan checking, site inspections and other duties
- Liaise and/or consult with external agencies, stakeholders, statutory undertakers and members of the public as necessary to ensure a seamless approach to the provision of guidance and service delivery
- Understand the vision, values, and strategic priorities of the Council so that Officers are engaged and motivated to deliver the Council’s strategic plan
- Positively contribute to a strong, efficient, and effective performance culture with a focus on service excellence
Skills & Experience
- Professional Building Control Qualification to intermediate level (RICS, CABE or equivalent)
- Significant Building Control experience with working knowledge of building regulations and legislation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organisation and prioritising skills
- Strong focus for service excellence
As well as the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, you will also receive support, guidance, and the experience to develop your career.
For an information discussion or to find out more, contact Roger Paine (Head of Service – Building Control Solutions) 07710064521 or email@example.com. Alternatively, click the link and apply today!
Closing date: 25th June 2023
Interviews 7th July 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.