An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for Hart District Council’s multi-award-winning Countryside Department, as the Senior Ranger.
The Senior Ranger will be responsible for delivering the Council priorities through increasing our profile, presence, and impact, whilst providing safe, well managed and welcoming countryside sites.
You should be:
- Enterprising, resourceful, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- A natural leader with a friendly, outgoing personality and provide excellent standards of customer service to inspire those around you.
- Practical and experienced in the use of a wide range of relevant machinery such as tractors, chainsaws and brush-cutters.
- Used to physically demanding requirements.
You should have:
- A relevant degree and/or at least 5 years' experience in the countryside sector
- Held a similar role with significant staff management experience.
- A passion for connecting people with the environment and willing to share your wildlife knowledge.
- Good understanding of management plans and a variety of relevant habitat management techniques.
- Experience of complex budget control, procurement procedures and income generation.
- Exceptional organisational planning, communication, and people management skills.
- Experience of writing detailed work specifications.
- Experience of hay making and working with graziers.
- Excellent I.T skills.
- Hold a current driving license.
A flexible approach to working is essential as weekend and evening hours are required.
Hart is committed to supporting and developing all their staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative, and enjoyable and they support their staff in maintaining a good work life balance. We have just adopted a new Agile Working Policy.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on site at Hart District Council Offices or on MS Teams.
For more information, please visit www.hart.gov.uk/jobs.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.