Class Teacher (Staplecross Methodist Primary School)
Hours of work: 13 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Monday 12 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Staplecross Methodist Primary School
Phone: 01580 830256
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted
About the role
The governors, staff and pupils of Staplecross Methodist Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational job share teacher from September 2023 who will sustain and build on the success of our great school. ECTs are welcome to apply.
We are a small village school (4 mixed age classes) with a friendly and nurturing environment.
Our school's Methodist vision shapes all we do: ‘Do All the Good You Can’ (John Wesley)
We work hard to offer the very best level of education to our pupils. Our approach blends innovative and creative learning opportunities with a high-quality curriculum.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves their job and takes pride in everything they do
- Is fully committed to supporting the Methodist values of our church school
- Develops children's learning through an expertly planned sequential curriculum
- Has high expectations of all children
- Is flexible in their approach and is open to new ideas
- Is enthusiastic about parental and wider community links and can build positive relationships with families
- Works well as part of a job share and with the wider staff team
- Is committed to personal development
In return, we are offering the following:
- A warm and welcoming school community
- An established, highly skilled and caring staff
- Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- A committed and supportive board of governors
- An open culture with healthy relationships based upon mutual respect and understanding
- Shared opportunities and training across the federation – being part of a bigger family
- A beautiful, well-resourced rural setting
We warmly invite you to look at our website
We highly recommend and welcome potential applicants to visit our school and have an informal discussion with our Executive Head or Head of School. Please either email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01580 830256
Closing date: Monday, 12th June
Interview date: Friday, 16th June
To request a copy of our recruitment pack, please email email@example.com
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.