Head of Dance (Peacehaven Community School)
Hours of work: 32.5
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 4 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Peacehaven Community School
Phone: 01273 581100
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
- School: Peacehaven Community School
- Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2c
- Full Time; Maternity Cover
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Dance (maternity cover). Candidates will be talented, dynamic and will challenge and motivate our students to get the very best meaningful outcomes.
The candidate will:
Be an outstanding Teacher of Dance and PE with the drive and capacity to really thrive in this role.
Have a clear vision of how to improve standards in Dance and PE.
Be able to motivate and inspire students.
Be resilient, hard-working, solution-focused, and committed to transforming student outcomes.
You will have the ability to motivate and inspire students and will be relentless in the pursuit of the highest standards of progress for every student, regardless of their ability.
We provide constant, high quality CPD and all staff are passionate about sharing good practice.
This is a fixed term contract requiring the successful candidate to be experienced and highly organised - able to pick up the role quickly and hit the ground running. The suitable candidate would have excellent subject knowledge and technical skills along with strong initiative.
Joining our team
Peacehaven Community School is a research-engaged, innovative educational institution within the Swale Academies Trust, dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience for our students. We are delighted that you are considering joining our talented team of teachers, leaders and support staff. At PCS, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and supportive working environment, where every staff member can thrive and contribute to our shared mission of nurturing the potential of every student. We are a fully inclusive school with a special facility for students with SCLN and ASC and we believe that all students, irrespective of their starting points, can flourish. Our nurturing and challenging learning environment transforms lives and empowers our students to aspire, believe, contribute, and achieve greatness.
Why choose Peacehaven Community School?
- Excellent Working Conditions: At Peacehaven Community School, we use quantitative measurements of working conditions and research on teacher motivation to optimise our teachers’ working environment and identify areas that have the greatest impact on teacher wellbeing. By focusing on data-driven insights, we maximise teacher efficiency and foster a positive workplace.
- Career Opportunities: We understand the correlation between job satisfaction and career progression (Sims, 2018). As such, we provide every staff member, regardless of role, with bespoke career development opportunities. Being part of the Swale Academies Trust enables us to offer an even greater range of opportunities, as we regularly offer promotions across schools for the benefit of our teachers and students.
- Supportive Leadership: Our warm, welcoming, and evidence-informed leadership team recognises the crucial role leadership quality plays in teacher job satisfaction. By living our values every day, we provide unwavering support to our teachers.
- Collaborative Staff Community: Our systems and structures ensure staff members have regular opportunities to engage with their department and colleagues from other departments, fostering a strong sense of community and collaboration.
- Professional Learning and Development: Our evidence-based CPD programme, recognised as a best practice example at national conferences, is integrated with flexible working arrangements to give staff autonomy over their time and support their professional growth.
- Research-Engaged School: We pride ourselves on our evidence-based approach to education, where we are publishing research to support others to better understand research engagement in schools. By joining our team, you will be part of a school that values objectivity and actively engages in educational research.
- Ideal Location: Peacehaven Community School is situated just a 10-minute walk from the seafront, a 15-minute drive from Brighton and is surrounded by the South Downs, offering an excellent local environment for our staff
- Outstanding Facilities: Built in 2001, our school boasts state-of-the-art facilities and resources for staff and students. With an on-site leisure centre, our teachers enjoy access to excellent amenities for their well-being and work-life balance.
This school is also committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check and the post may be offered only on receipt of two good references.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact James Clarke for an informal discussion. firstname.lastname@example.org and 01273 581100
Completed application forms should be sent to April Stevens (Office and Media Manager) or Liz Fulker (Lead Admin Officer) at email@example.com or by post to Peacehaven Community School, Greenwich Way, Peacehaven East Sussex BN10 8RB. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: w/c 5th June 2023
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.