SENDCO (Polegate School)
Hours of work: Full-time teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 23 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Polegate School, Oakleaf Drive, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6PT
Phone: 01323 482404
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Polegate School is looking for an inspirational and experienced SENDCo to join our Senior Leadership Team. You will make an impact on the outcomes for our children and have a belief in learning without limits for all. High standards and expectations of every member of the Polegate community are our vision.
‘The vision for what pupils can achieve at Polegate is limitless. There is an infectious appetite of high expectations, complemented by the care and consideration shown for the whole school community. This ensures that the experience for every pupil is the very best that it can be.’ [Ofsted]
Candidates should have-
- Qualified Teacher status with 5 years or more teaching experience
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination and current experience as a SENDCo
- Thorough knowledge of the current SEND Code of Practice
- The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEND children
- Experience in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs: SEND, LAC, EAL, disadvantaged and vulnerable
- To be able to work effectively with the Headteacher and SLT to achieve excellence in outcomes for all pupils
- The ability to line manage the work of a team of support staff working 1-1 with SEND children, and to offer support and guidance to class teachers in their Quality First Teaching.
- Excellent communication skills with all members of the school community
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of leading/managing pastoral support staff in the SEND team
- The necessary communication skills and knowledge of SEND practice, enabling effective liaison with a variety of external agencies
- Dyslexia specialist teacher Level 7 an advantage
The successful candidate(s) will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on East Sussex County Council’s application form will be considered. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Polegate School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils.
LEARNING WITHOUT LIMITS
‘The staff “go that extra mile” for the children, which is very much appreciated by the school community.’ [IQM]
Does this sound like you?
If so please book a visit to see our exceptional school and consider applying…….
We are open to either full or part-time applications.
Closing date: Friday 23rd June 2023
Interview date: WB 26th June, day TBC
If you require further information or would like to book a school visit please contact Monika On 01323 482404
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and therefore each post is subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring service) check.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.