Secretary / Finance Assistant (Newick CE Primary School)
Hours of work: 13 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term with a view to being made Permanent
Closing date: Friday 2 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact: Newick CE Primary School, 63 Allington Road, Newick, BN8 4NB
Phone: 01825 723377
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Secretary / Finance Assistant.
To provide a secretarial service for the headteacher and to ensure appropriate administrative procedures are undertaken. To act as a first point of contact with parents, agencies and all visitors to the school.
To administer and prepare all school accounts and to assist in the preparation of budgets. To provide support to the bursar in all financial and administrative functions.
What we can offer:
* A fantastic learning environment, grounds and facilities
* A well-resourced and creative environment
* Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils
* Excellent training opportunities
* A supportive team
What we are looking for someone who:
* Is able to work using their own initiative and manage their own workload
* Is committed to raising standards for all children and the school environment
* Demonstrates a commitment to pupils’ development and pastoral care
* Works well as part of a team and contributes positively to the school’s aims
* Has high aspirations for themselves and the school environment
* Has the ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
* Has the ability to develop and maintain efficient record keeping systems
* Has the ability to assist with the production of accurate records and reports as required
* Has the ability to communicate with a range of audiences including other employees within the school, governors, pupils and parents
* Has the ability to identify work priorities and manage own workload to meet deadlines whilst ensuring that lower priority work is kept up to date
* Has the ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
* Has a basic knowledge of the financial workings of a school
* Experience of administration and finance in a school setting would be an advantage, but not essential
This is a term-time only contract, working all the days the school is open to students, plus all INSET days.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 5 June 2023
Visits to the school are highly recommended, please contact the school office on 01825 723377 to arrange an appointment.
To receive a full job description and application form please contact Laura Dobson - email@example.com
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.