An opportunity has arisen within The Property Services Team for a Compliance Manager
- We are looking for someone to lead and inspire the Compliance Team, develop effective partnering arrangements with all stakeholders, lead on service development & improvement initiatives and manage the compliance delivery in line with regulation and council policy.
- Manage the compliance delivery in line with regulation and council policy including Asbestos Management, Gas Safety, Electrical Testing , Water Hygiene, Fire Safety Assessment and associated works, Lifts and the maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical equipment within the housing stock.
- Ensure that all compliance policies and procedures are regularly reviewed.
- Manage the procurement of new contracts tendering and award process for the compliance service.
- Produce regular performance reports to Management Board and Members
- Manage and investigate complaints in line with Councils policy, sharing and embedding learnings to aid service improvement.
- Provide line management, support and guidance to the Compliance Team, leading on recruitment, induction, training, 1-2-1 support and appraisals.
- Support the development of the Compliance team officers ensuring that the team are appropriately skilled to ensure business objectives and operational priorities are met.
- Ensure that the wider Property Services Team is appropriately trained in key compliance policies and activities.
- Efficiently and effectively monitor and manage budgets for the Compliance Service.
There are many benefits to working at Waverley Borough Council. In particular we are very supportive of flexible and agile working, we provide flexi-time, we have generous leave entitlements, including an additional three days off when the office is closed between Christmas and New Year. We also have a range of learning and development services to support your career goals.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Matt Alexander, Housing Operations Manager at Matt.Alexander@waverley.gov.uk
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 19 June 2023.
Interview date: Week Commencing 26th June 2023.
Please note we do not accept applications after the closing date and time given on the advert.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, click the “Apply Online” link.
If you are not already on Waverley Borough Council's website for this vacancy, you will be redirected to our website's jobs page. Either click "Apply Online" at the bottom of this page, or at the top left hand side under Waverley Borough Council click either the "Log in" button (if you are already registered) or the "Register" button.
You will be redirected to the JobsGoPublic system, which manages our online recruitment process. Once you have registered with JobsGoPublic (which is free and easy to use) you can log in to your application at any time and keep track of where you are in the recruitment process. We strongly encourage candidates to use this system when applying for any vacancy with us as it's our preferred recruitment application method.
If you are unable to use this service or would like assistance, please contact us via email@example.com or call the Human Resources team on 01483 523388.