Senior Occupational Therapist - Runnymede
The starting salary for this role is £42,591 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week (pro-rata for part-time hours). Please note that part-time applications will also be considered.
'The management support at Runnymede Locality team is really robust, rewarding and very helpful for me day to day. I have very supportive assistant team managers, alongside me social workers and then beyond that the team manager and service manager who are very approachable, have an open-door policy and do really listen to what I have to offer. I really value the fact that my manager is very open to understanding more about OTs and the challenges that OT face in this environment and supporting us as best he can to make us a productive part of his team.'
- Jo Newton (Assistant Team Manager OT)
We currently have 1 x full-time, permanent Senior Occupational Therapist vacancy based in the Runnymede Locality Team.
How we support your work/life balance:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to also buy additional leave if required (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Flexible / agile working to help with balancing work and home
- Training and Development including a structured Induction Programme
- Relocation assistance of up to £8000 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- An excellent Employee Assistance Progamme available 24/7
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
In your application, we would love to hear about your:
- Professional qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Experience of working within a social care, health or community focused multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to complete person-centred and proportionate OT assessments
- Familiarity with moving and handling equipment such as hoists and stand aids
- Knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual, carer and family
- Knowledge of current legislation, including the Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act and its application to practice in a social care setting
- Substantial post qualification professional experience would also be required as well as experience of providing professional supervision (support and training will be provided)
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
About the role
Being a Senior Occupational Therapist in Runnymede Locality team will facilitate your development and equip you with a range of skills to enable you to undertake frontline holistic occupational therapy practice within a social care setting.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will conduct holistic assessments of social care needs and planning support across a dedicated caseload. Working closely with families, carers and care workers, you'll play a vital role in supporting people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide range of needs.
The closing date for this advert is 2nd July 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and we will contact you if you have been shortlisted for interview.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.