1 to 1 SEND Teaching Assistant
1:1 Teaching Assistant Level 2
Norwood Primary School
Role 1-1:1 Teaching Assistant
Term Time full Time: Fix. Term, Sefton Council, Southport, Merseyside, Salary: £19,650 - £20,043 pro-rata, Scale: Band D 5 - 6, Internal reference number: TA2023
Norwood Primary School, Norwood Crescent, Southport PR9 7DU Merseyside.
The Governors of Norwood Primary School seek to make the appointment of a Teaching Assistant to work with pupils with additional needs on a 1-1 basis, 30 hours per week, 8:30am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
This is a fixed term post to begin 1st September 2023 and is dependent on SEND funding for the designated child.
- Do you have experience or a background in Early Years?
- Do you have an interest-experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs?
- Do you have a high level of patience?
- Are you able to work as a team alongside the class teacher and other teaching assistants involved in the children’s teaching and learning?
- Are you enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated?
- Are you a team player as well as being able to lead and motivate others?
- Do you possess excellent organisational skills?
- Are you committed to the safeguarding of children?
- Are you willing to contribute fully to the life of the school?
- Experience of working with children?
These are excellent opportunities to join a strong team of teachers and support staff, who are working closely together to provide the best education for pupils at Norwood Primary School.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
Application forms and further details available on the links below. Completed application forms to be returned by hand, by post or by email to: The Head Teacher, Norwood Primary School, Norwood Crescent, Southport PR9 7DU.
Closing date: Friday 9th June 2023 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place: week commencing 19th June 2023