Mechanical and Electrical Manager
An opportunity has arisen within The Property Services Team for a Mechanical & Electrical Manager.
We need an enthusiastic, driven individual to manage the gas and electrical capital upgrade programmes, working closely with our Compliance and Asset Teams, in line with current regulations and council policy:
Manage our contractors and associated consultants with regards to our communal plant rooms to ensure adherence to all Health and Safety legislation.
Lead on the procurement of the domestic and commercial gas procurement contract tender to award in line with the Council’s Contract Procurement Regulations
Operational Duties & Accountabilities
- Manage the delivery of Gas boiler replacement program with overall responsibility of the capital heating projects and works.
- Manage the procurement of the domestic and commercial gas procurement contract tender to award in line with the Council’s Contract Procurement Regulations
- Manage the small number of plant room works (to SFG20) for the Senior Living Schemes and communal properties.
- Manage the electrical “capital upgrade works” including major upgrades or whole house re-wiring programs
- Manage the replacement program of properties with electrical storage heating systems.
- Liaise with the Asset Team with regards to Thermal comfort upgrade works in relation to heating requirements
- Work in close co-ordination with the Compliance Manager and team to ensure compliance policies and procedures are regularly reviewed ensuring adherence with current regulations and legislation.
- Overall responsibility of the capital heating projects and works.
- Provide technical advice and support to Housing Operations colleagues to advise on the feasibility of M&E capital improvement works including Air Source Heat Pumps and other alternative heating technologies.
- Challenge poor performance and develop remedial action plans to safeguard the Council and its residents where performance is failing, escalating issues and concerns to appropriate stakeholders
- Produce regular performance management reports to Management Board and Members
There are many benefits to working at Waverley Borough Council. In particular we are very supportive of flexible and agile working, we provide flexi-time, we have generous leave entitlements, including an additional three days off when the office is closed between Christmas and New Year. We also have a range of learning and development services to support your career goals.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Matt Alexander, Operations Manager at Matt.Alexander@waverley.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 19 June 2023. Please note we do not accept applications after the closing date and time given on the advert.
Interview date: Week Commencing 26 June 2023.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, click the “Apply Online” link.
If you are not already on Waverley Borough Council's website for this vacancy, you will be redirected to our website's jobs page. Either click "Apply Online" at the bottom of this page, or at the top left hand side under Waverley Borough Council click either the "Log in" button (if you are already registered) or the "Register" button.
You will be redirected to the JobsGoPublic system, which manages our online recruitment process. Once you have registered with JobsGoPublic (which is free and easy to use) you can log in to your application at any time and keep track of where you are in the recruitment process. We strongly encourage candidates to use this system when applying for any vacancy with us as it's our preferred recruitment application method.
If you are unable to use this service or would like assistance, please contact us via email@example.com or call the Human Resources team on 01483 523388.