Teaching Assistant (Level 1)
Teaching Assistant Level 1
School: St.Gregory’s Catholic Primary School, Sandy Lane, Lydiate. L31 2LB
Salary: NJC Scale C, Point 3-4 (pro rata)
Contract: Part Time Perm
Working Pattern: Term Time, 1.10pm to 3.20pm (school finish time) – Mon to Fri
Hours: 11 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
The Governing Body of St.Gregory’s Catholic Primary School wish to appoint a qualified and skilled Level 1 Teaching Assistant, to support the class teacher whilst delivering the curriculum, providing care and guidance and promoting inclusion within the school.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Recognised Teaching Assistant Level 1 qualification
- Excellent skills and experience in supporting children to access the full curriculum
- Have knowledge and skills in IT and administration, to support the class teacher in preparation for lessons
- Ability to prepare the classroom, under the direction of the teacher.
- Have transferable skills to work across all areas of a primary school setting
- Be passionate, hardworking and enthusiastic in supporting children’s learning
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative when required.
- Have high expectations for both themselves and for the children.
- Be able to respect and uphold the school’s ethos, aims and values
St.Gregory’s Catholic Primary School can offer the successful candidate:
- Enthusiastic and motivated children
- An excellent working environment
- Excellent links with the local community and our parish church
- Supportive colleagues
- Specific training to develop your personal learning
Observation and Interview Date: To be confirmed with successfully shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Once you have completed the application form you can either email it to email@example.com, hand it into the school office or send it via post.