- Location: Hybrid - home/Huntingdon based office
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary Range: £31,099 - £34,724
- Hours: Full Time
- Closing Date: 5th June 2023
The Combined Authority is looking to appoint a Caseworker to support the Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough with mayoral campaigns, responding to constituents’ political and policy-related enquiries and the Mayor’s social media accounts.
The successful candidate will be required to draft and issue responses to the public, local MPs, Government Ministers and a wide range of stakeholders; excellent written communication skills are therefore essential.
The Caseworker will also be responsible for working with the Communications Team to strengthen the Mayor’s social media channels and will regularly be creating content that reflects the Mayor’s priorities and is aligned to the four Mayoral Pledges.
What we need
Reporting to the Mayor’s Senior Advisor, the Caseworker will need to be politically astute and be comfortable managing a busy workload which will include working both independently and as part of a team to initiative, follow up and complete activities.
There are strong links and independencies between the work of the Mayor and the corporate objectives of the Combined Authority. The Caseworker will need to fully embrace the organisation’s CIVIL values (Collaboration, Integrity, Vision, Innovation and Leadership) to build and maintain relationships across the organisation and with external stakeholders.
Although not a political appointment, this role is politically restricted under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide written guidance and assistance to constituents who have asked the Mayor for support on issues of relevance to the Combined Authority and responding on wider issues through liaison with local councils, Government departments and agencies, elected representatives, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
- Draft responses or respond to constituents, MPs and others on any issues raised on behalf of the Mayor.
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, and ensure records of contact with residents are kept, with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and the confidentiality of data respected at all times.
- Support the Mayor’s attendance at meetings and events related to Combined Authority Priorities casework, through the provision of appropriate written and verbal briefings and attendance at meetings providing written reports for officers to understand what has been discussed and actions appropriately followed up. Ensuring adherence to protocols on communications, correspondence, officer liaison, file notes are maintained at all times.
- Support the effective and efficient operation of the Mayor’s Office by assisting the day-to-day flow of papers, correspondence and briefing materials. Assist with the timely and effective response to mayoral correspondence; and help communicating the Mayor’s decisions.
- Work with the Communications Team to plan, create and publish content on the Mayor’s social media channels.
- Championing the Combined Authority values, especially working as one organisation and acting as ‘one voice’ for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
For more information
For more information, please find the recruitment pack here.