Casual Support Worker
About the job
Salary: £10.79 to £10.98 per hour
Working Pattern: Casual hours, shifts are based on a 4-week rota various shift patterns with enhanced pay for weekend working & bank holidays Contract Length: Casual
Location: Tozer House, Chichester
Why not have a look at our dedicated Careers in adults' residential services, day opportunities & shared lives webpage to learn more about the difference you can make!
To become a Support Worker with us you will be:
- Passionate about supporting people to be the best they can be.
- Empowering people to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people to have the opportunities to learn and grow.
- A good listener, patient and treat all with respect, kindness and dignity.
- Ensure people have opportunity to co-produce every aspect of their care and support.
- Support people to maintain relationships important to them and to make new ones.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description & see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Support Worker.
Reward & Benefits
Our values and support for one another is intrinsic to everything we do and will be a key priority within the assessment for this post. We care hugely about wellbeing, allowing time for a good work/life balance, and developing our team to be the best they can be. Alongside this, we also offer the below benefits.
- Maternity, paternity, dependency & adoption leave.
- Training and development opportunities, including apprenticeships and personal development.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme, 21.37% employer contribution
- Eligible to apply for a Blue light card
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards & Benefits page.
About Tozer House
We are a registered home for up to 15 adults ranging from 18 - 70's with high level of support needs such as Autism & or learning difficulties. Our accommodation comprises of shared accommodation, individual homes on site and short break rooms. The people we care for enjoy access to an accessible gardens and communal activity rooms where we encourage socialising activities and hold barbecues in the Summer.
We aim to enable every person to be engaged in their local community to the best of their ability. For some of the people we support, this could be through a programme of tailored support to build and develop them for day-to-day life skills on a one-to-one basis.
Key Skills (These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- You are able to interpret information, such as service complaints, and redirect them to provide quick resolution.
- You will show the ability to deal appropriately with expressive behaviour from the people we support, and respond sensitively to their families and carers.
- Confident in building relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
Qualifications and/ experience
- Basic understanding of the needs of the people we support and their rights as an individual.
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid and Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or are vulnerable - Desirable
- Previous experience of running group activities - Desirable
How to Apply
Upload your CV and complete the application explaining the key skills listed on the Job Description and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.