Downderry Primary School - Family Support Worker
DOWNDERRY CHILDREN’S CENTRE
C/O DOWNDERRY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Downderry Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 5QL
Tel: 020 8698 5768
CHILDREN’S CENTRE FAMILY PRACTITIONER/OUTREACH WORKER
TEMPORARY INITIALLY TILL END MARCH, 2024
SCALE 6 (Pt 18-20) £32,418 - £33,510 - ALL YEAR ROUND 35 HOURS PER WEEK
The Governors are seeking to appoint a professional, passionate and hard working family practitioner/outreach worker with the vision and determination to help Downderry Children Centre to continue to be outstanding. We have a strong team and want to continue its strengths.
We are seeking someone who will
- be an outstanding practitioner and team player.
- provide support for vulnerable children and families in the family home, in the children’s centres and in the local community according to the needs of the family.
- aspire for excellence for all children, adolescents and parents/carers and families in all areas of provision and provide access to a range of quality services and support networks.
- engage with children and families in a way that builds on their strengths and enhances and develops their ability to support themselves.
- To plan creative and innovative responses to meet the needs of families and individuals, keep high quality records on the EISi database, and prepare reports for TAF meetings, core group meetings and child protection conferences etc as needed.
- To attend team meetings, training and other meetings as directed, and contribute to the centre’s strategic and operational plan, local targets and the requirements of the relevant contracts.
- Proven relevant experience of working with children and adolescents from 0-19
- Knowledge of child protection issues
- Knowledge of children centres
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines
- Knowledge of Early Years and/or specialist areas such as social care, youth offending, teen pregnancy and substance misuse
- Experience of working in a community setting
In return we can offer
- a caring, committed and hardworking staff
- supportive Governors, parents and local authority
- an ethos where everyone matters
Closing Date for completed applications: Noon 5^th June, 2023
Interview date: Week beginning 12^th June, 2023
Downderry is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring clearance, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
If you have lived or worked overseas for three months or more as an adult (Over 18) you must provide the relevant overseas check
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment
For an application form, job description and person specification please contact the school office or download from the schools website details above. Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed can be arranged by calling the school office.