Headteacher and Accounting Officer
Leadership Grade 15-21
£62,561 – £72,483
To commence 1 January 2024 (or sooner)
The board of Governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Headteacher to lead our successful school. We have a strong Christian Ethos that is encapsulated in our vision of ‘Life in all its Fullness through Learning and Love’. We are looking to invite applications from professionals who:
- Can lead, inspire and motivate; fully empowering children and staff
- Has proven successful leadership experience across the primary phase at senior management level
- Will further develop and support our distinctively Christian ethos
- Has an understanding of specialist SEND provision
- Has experience of ITT so can take on the role of Accounting Officer for the Mersey Boroughs SCITT.
- Can lead teachers in providing a broad and balanced curriculum that caters for all children’s needs
- Is a natural communicator able to build on our well-developed partnerships with our children, parents, church and diocese, and the wider community
- Have an understanding of diversity and a commitment to inclusion in all its aspects, putting children at the heart of the learning process
In return we can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to lead and further develop our successful school
- A Christian ethos integral to school life
- A welcoming atmosphere where every child really does matter
- A dedicated team of hard-working staff
- A role of Accounting Officer for Mersey Boroughs SCITT
- The opportunity to lead our successful Stepping Stones Hub SEND provision.
Our most recent OFSTED inspection was in February 2023, when the school was judged to be ‘GOOD’. Our May 2018 SIAMS inspection judged us to be ‘Outstanding’.
St Mary and St Pauls, Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
‘By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022’
How to apply
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly invited and positively encouraged. Please contact Gemma Baxendale or Sandra Cowley on 0151 426 6869 to arrange a visit on Thursday 8 June 2023.
Comprehensive recruitment packs are available by visiting the School website at www.stmaryandstpauls.org.uk
Please return all completed application forms to recruitment.DCCS@knowsley.gov.uk
Closing Date: Thursday, 15 June 2023 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
Interviews: Wednesday, 5 July 2023 and Thursday, 6 July 2023