Adults - Administration Assistant
This role has a starting salary of £23,675 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
Our Adult Social Care team based in Dorking are excited to be recruiting a new Administrator to help with the smooth running of our service, enabling independence and enhancing the quality of life of our residents.
We will be relocating Mole Valley District Council Offices to Fairmount House in Leatherhead in August on a temporary basis, the team will then move to a permanent office location, still to be confirmed, please consider the change in location when applying for this role.
This role is an ideal first step into the world of social care, working as part of a helpful, supportive team that values your personal and professional development and supports a hybrid approach to working with a mix of work in the office and at home following your probationary period.
- Generous annual leave allowance - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
As an Administrator a big part of your role will be handling a variety of incoming calls from clients, families and professionals and managing two email inboxes ensuring queries are signposted correctly to ensure they are answered, and problems overcome.
This role is wide ranging; you will be collating data, maintaining personnel administration and supporting the finance function including raising orders. It's a great job to start building a solid foundation of what it is like to work in adult social care and Surrey County Council with a wide range of responsibilities maximising your exposure to what we do for our residents.
To be considered for shortlisting, your application should clearly evidence:
- Your excellent IT skills and Telephone manner
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative and flexibly
- Methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 04/06/2023 with interviews dates to be confirmed
For an informal discussion please contact Anna Sheridan on 01372 833 456.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.