Haslington Primary Academy and Nursery
Grade 4 SEN Teaching Assistant
Hours- 32.5 per week, 38 weeks per year
Salary Range- Grade 4 SCP 5-6 (£21,575.00-£21,968.00 Full Time Equivalent)
Hours- 32.5 per week, 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Start Date: 4th September 2023
Haslington Primary Academy and Nursery are looking for an outstanding Grade 4 Teaching Assistant who is experienced in working with children who have Special Educational Needs. This is a temporary position for 1 year in the first instance. However, it is possible that this role could be made permanent.
The role entails supporting two children in Key Stage 1 within the mainstream classroom and working in line with the provision detailed in their Education, Health and Care Plans.
The successful candidate must: -
- Have previous experience of working with primary aged children with special educational needs.
- Have a minimum Level 3 NVQ in Childcare or equivalent (or be willing to work towards this qualification)
- Be highly motivated and committed to working as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to act on their own initiative
- Be committed to the vision and values of our school.
- Have a child-centred approach to their work.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill at all levels (with children, staff and parents/carers)
- Gave a good sense of humour and a hardworking ethos.
- Have a Paediatric First Aid qualification (or be willing to work towards one)
- Be able to present as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding children and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Have the ability to work independently but also as part of a team
In return we can offer: -
- an experienced and supportive team of staff
- amazing children who feel confident to express their individuality and their talents
- a happy school community where respect and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do
- excellent opportunities for training and continual professional development
- talented Governors and Trustees, who know the school well and are fully supportive of work life balance
The Alexandra Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The appointment will only be confirmed after successful DBS checks and relevant safeguarding checks have been carried out.
Application forms and further details are available from the Academy website. Please forward completed application forms to Mrs Z Holloway by e-mail (Holloway@monkscoppenhall.cheshire.sch.uk)
Closing date: 5.00pm – Friday 9th June 2023