About the job
Salary: £20,812 to £21,189 per annum (pro rata) £10.79 to £10.98 per hour*
Working Pattern: Part time position (25.5 hours) on 4 week rota Contract Length: Permanent
Location: New Tyne Care Home, Worthing
*plus weekend and unsociable hours allowance
As a Support Worker you will help us continue to create a welcoming & stimulating environment for all the people we support. To be a Support Worker with us you will be:
- Passionate about supporting people to be the best they can be.
- Empowering people to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people to have the opportunities to learn.
- A good listener, patient, respectful, kind & treat all people with dignity.
- Ensure people have opportunity to be involved in every aspect of their care & support.
- Support people to maintain important relationships & create new relationships.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description for more detail.
About New Tyne
New Tyne Care Home supports people with Dementia in the Worthing area providing long stay and short breaks. People accessing the service will have been assessed as eligible through Adult Services.
We provide a wide range of activities to encourage and stimulate people through outcome-based person-centred care promoting independence and wellbeing. This role includes providing active support with personal care, physical care, and engaging people in a wide range of tailored activities for the individual. This can include reminiscence, gentle exercise, arts, crafts, and conversation-based activities. We regularly run activities throughout the year such as themed parties and fund-raising events.
Reward & Benefits
Our values & support for one another is intrinsic to everything we do and will be a key priority within the assessment for this post.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Maternity, paternity, dependency & adoption leave.
- Training & development opportunities, including apprenticeships & personal development.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme, 21.37% employer contribution
- Eligible to apply for a Blue light card
- Discounted membership at selected local sports & fitness centres.
- As a support worker will be given online and face to face training throughout the year.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
Key Skills (These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- You are able to interpret information, such as service complaints & redirect them to the appropriate person to provide quick and accurate resolution.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- You will show the ability to deal appropriately with expressive behaviour from the people we support & respond sensitively to their families & carers.
- Confident in building relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious & ethnic backgrounds.
- Enjoy working as part of a team completing shared tasks as required.
- Basic literacy & numeracy skills, in order to record & document activities in the provider support plans.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the people we support & their rights as an individual.
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid & Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a care setting & with people who have a disability or are vulnerable - Desirable
How to Apply
Upload your CV & complete the application explaining the key skills listed on the Job Description & experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.