Interim HR Services Manager
As a result of a recent restructure within the team at West Berkshire Council, we are currently looking for an Interim Human Resources Services Manager to join our busy HR team until the 31st March 2024.
Reporting directly to the HR Service Lead, this post will manage the HR Services Team Leader and also support the HR Service Lead with a variety of projects as designated.
The postholder will work with the rest of the team to ensure a seamless and high-quality HR, Payroll and L&D/OD service is delivered to our customers.
- You will work with the HR Service Lead and other members of the HR Leadership Team to support the development, implementation and embedding of the Workforce Strategy, along with the creation of a new strategy during 2023.
- You will support the development of a centre for excellence for people management with an emphasis on reviewing and improving people related practices so they match current organisational needs. This will include support with projects around onboarding, offboarding, pay and reward, and recognition as well as supporting with coaching managers on people management.
- Actively coaching and developing the HR Services team to achieve their full potential, ensuring constant professional growth, knowledge and practice whilst instilling the Council’s values and behaviours.
- You will provide advice to leaders across the Council through guidance, and policy interpretation to ensure legal compliance with fair and consistent management decisions.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and attributes
- Strong stakeholder manager skills will be essential in the role. You will have frequent contact with the Corporate Leadership Team, trade unions, internal key stakeholders and where required third party providers.
- You will be comfortable working with limited supervision and must be able to work in a flexible manner to ensure that changing priorities are addressed.
- You will either hold a CIPD Level 7 qualification or possess an equivalent qualification or experience.
- You will have sound and expert knowledge of current and emerging employment legislation, best practice and how to successfully apply it to workplace situations.
- You will have experience of working within a HR business partner models and have management experience.
- You will be able to evidence the ability to review, and update HR policies and procedures and ensure best practice is considered as well as manage HR projects through to completion.
- You will be confident at using people data to be able to support organisational decisions and highlight risks through a proactive advisory approach.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer flexible & hybrid working wherever possible
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Local government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days per annum rising annually to a maximum of 34 days after 5 years. (Pro rata for part time or part year).
- Annual starting salary of between £40,478 and £48,587 per annum.
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, do not hesitate to contact Paula Goodwin, HR Service Lead on Paula.Goodwin1@westberks.gov.uk
It is hoped interviews will take place in early June 2023. Closing date will be the 31st May 2023 at 5pm.