Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
£48,867 - £51,903 per annum
We are looking to recruit to an Assistant Finance Manager position in the Finance Team supporting:
- CYPS (Education) x 1
The Job Description includes details of the role’s purpose and responsibilities. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Working with schools to support their budget monitoring and budget management.
- Monitoring and supporting schools in financial difficulty.
- Provision of professional financial and accounting advice to budget managers in the Education / Youth Service.
- Overseeing all education related grants including reconciliations and returns.
- Involvement in the calculation and allocation of funding for schools.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with work of the Schools Forum, including financial analysis, modelling and schools forum papers
- Contributing to the budget setting process for schools and the education service (DSG and General Fund).
- Leading on completion of RA, RO, S251, CFR, SFVS and APT.
- Provide support with year-end closedown and consolidation of accounts.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role further, please contact Shaj Sivadasan on 0203 3737121.
Closing Date Sunday 25 June 2023
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, and your data protection rights, can be found by https://www.cifas.org.uk/fpn.