Band F £24,496- £26,845 per annum
Full time; 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: Monday 5th June 2023
Interviews: Friday 9th June
Cathcart Street Primary School is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Caretaker. We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic, conscientious, proactive and self-motivated, who would like to provide a key role in maintaining and developing our school site, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Duties will include:
- Acting as a key holder; locking and unlocking the school and carrying out security checks of the whole site
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks in accordance with the annual maintenance plan and maintain accurate records
- Supervision of contractors whilst on site
- Monitoring site stock, ordering supplies and maintaining associated records ¿
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently
- Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing a small team of school cleaners
The hours of working are:
- Term time - split shifts; Monday to Friday 6.30am - 10.12am and 2.30pm - 6.00pm
- School holidays - Monday to Friday 8.00am - 3.42pm (inc. unpaid 30 minute lunch break)
Application forms and supporting letters must be submitted, explaining on no more than two sides of A4 paper how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role. These should be returned to school by the closing date. Applications can be posted to the school or emailed to email@example.com CVs will not be accepted.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
Cathcart Street Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality or disability
Mrs Lindsay Smith
Cathcart Street Primary School
Tel: 0151 647 7349