Senior Financial Accountant (Systems) - P1580
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant (Systems) (P1580)
Salary: £42,159 up to £46,158 inclusive annual salary + up to 19.7% employer pension contribution
Post: Full-time (37 hours/week)
Location: Hybrid working
Annual Leave: 30.5 days, plus public bank holidays
Service Area: Financial Services
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7 June 2023 (23:59)
Interview scheduled: to be confirmed
Reporting into the Finance Manager (Systems and Control), the Senior Financial Accountant will be a key member of the finance team, responsible for:
- Being the lead officer for the management, maintenance, development and improvement of the Council’s Financial Systems.
- You will also have some ability to write reports using Crystal, Business Objects or SQL which improves production of financial reports from the financial systems.
- Responsible for, and lead the team who perform all transactional services (accounts payable, accounts receivable and income allocation), reconciliations of these areas, and debtor monitoring.
- You will be responsible for cash handling and income allocation across the authority, which includes Museum and Parking sites, and occasional Events during the year.
- Production of financial reports from the financial information systems.
- To cooperate with the Senior Financial Accountant (Controls) on coding enquiries, production of the Statement of Accounts, and
- BACS processing.
Applicants must be educated to degree level, or with relevant experience of working within this environment, you will ideally be a member of an appropriate professional body (CCAB) or be able to strongly evidence equivalent professional experience and be working towards fully qualified status.
You will have previous experience of supporting the closure of accounts process for a large multi-disciplinary organisation to enable the production of compliant Statutory Statement of Accounts by due deadlines and without qualification.
You will have up-to-date working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards, and core disciplines of work areas including IFRS and the Code of Practice on Local Government Accounts, and will have an understanding of business continuity which is also needed for this post.
This role offers the opportunity for development and support meaning this is an excellent opportunity to progress and gain valuable experience.
Working for St Albans City and District Council
St Albans is a unique English Cathedral City with a colourful history which can be seen in the Roman remains and variety of beautiful architecture, heritage sites and conservation areas. Set within green belt, off the M25, A1M and M1 the District includes a cathedral, historic city centre and charming villages. Our refurbished offices are in the city centre near to the station (London St Pancras 20 minutes), shops and restaurants. In short it is a great place to live and work.
In addition to working within a great team and a comprehensive salary you will have access to:
- 30.5 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Up to 19.7% employer contributions (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- Flexible working options (e.g., hybrid and flexi-time).
- Training and career development opportunities.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- Travel discount and welfare support.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information on St Albans City and District Council, the interview processes and to see the job description please, contact Jack Murphy at Allen Lane on 07921 335 786 for an informal conversation.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (no more than 3 pages include why you are interested in the position and specific examples of how you meet the essential criteria) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th June (23:59pm).
Please note, candidates will only be considered for this role if they complete the full application which consists of your CV, Cover Letter and Equal Opportunity Questionnaire.
Previous applicants need not apply
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.