Project Manager - Highways & Transport
Project Manager Highways & Transport
Wokingham Borough Council have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our dynamic Highways and Transport team.
As the Highways and Transport Project Manager, you will provide project management services to support strategic programmes and activities within the H & T team. You will also be responsible for managing projects in accordance with our change framework, across the portfolio of projects for the services.
This challenging, yet highly rewarding role, will also be responsible for pro-actively leading on the delivery of the key objectives, managing stakeholders, and delivering high quality outputs and outcomes under little supervision.
We are passionate about providing a network which is safe, and we work with our partners to deliver services and assets which are well managed and good value for money.
- Responsible for providing project management services to support strategic programmes and activities within the H & T team.
- Manage projects in accordance with our change framework, across the portfolio of projects for the services.
- Take a lead role in actively leading on the delivery of the key objectives, managing stakeholders, and delivering high quality outputs and outcomes under little supervision.
- Delivering projects within time and budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
Our ideal candidate will already work within a highways team or within local government in a Project Management role.
We need a team player who will not only support with good project management skills and quality governance, but who will play an active role to help and support change.
- Project management prince 2 qualification
- 4 years or more project management experience
- Familiar and good working use of core Microsoft applications including Teams, SharePoint, excel, PowerPoint & word. and project
- Knowledge of change management
Wokingham is a highly desirable place to live and work. Our vision for the borough is to create ‘a great place to live, an even better place to do business’ – maximising on the opportunities our superb Thames Valley location provides.
You will enjoy the friendly open and supportive culture, as well as an incredible range of benefits including, flexible hours, a generous annual leave entitlement, an enhanced local government pension scheme and much more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Easton on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18th June 2023
Interview Date: W/C 26th June 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.