Classroom Teacher (Rye Primary School)
Hours of work: No Set Hours
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 23 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Rye Community Primary School
Phone: 01797 222 825
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Rye Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher to join our highly-motivated team. The class will consist of pupils from years 3 and 4. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all pupils to experience an exceptional education. We want every child to grow and flourish in our care.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher to pupils of all abilities in key stage 1 and 2;
- Have a working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, policies and practices;
- Have a love of learning and ability to convey this to pupils;
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the pupils’ life chances;
- A school in which the pupils are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our school prior to application.
Rye Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.