Team Manager - LT&R
Are you an experienced Team Manager, or interested in the opportunity to progress your career, with a background in Adult Social Care?
If so then an opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full-time, Team Manager role in our adult community team, within the Rutland County Council Adult Social Care Service.
About the role…
The Team Manager will lead and manage a team of qualified social workers and non-qualified workers, helping them to deliver high standards across the organisation. Duties include:
- To provide professional guidance and expertise in respect of adult social care practice and maintain an oversight of all complex cases.
- To support, supervise and performance manage the team and work with colleagues to deliver services for Adult Social care.
- Manage the effective commissioning of services in line with national thresholds.
- To assist the Service Manager in leading and developing the services.
- To promote and contribute to the safety and wellbeing of all people in the community.
- Qualified Social Worker SWE registered.
- Experienced in line management and associated responsibilities including performance management.
- Confident in ability to work within legal frameworks, with an understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Effective communication skills with proven ability to build effective relationships and partnerships with agencies and partners.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resilient
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
The Team Manager interviews will be held in June. Exact date to be confirmed.
Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Our offer to you:
Rutland Council is committed to Flexible Working and understands the benefits of supporting employees to manage their work and life balance, whilst meeting the needs of the service.
We are committed to supporting and empowering our staff to be the best workers that they can be and Rutland Council is the place you want to be. Our benefits go beyond the salary – being part of a great team, excellent Local Government Pension, generous annual leave, opportunities to learn and develop your career, and a demonstrable commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have the opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage. The expectation is you will be office based at least 2 days per week.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Tracy Webb Service Manager on 01572 722577 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process, please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758401 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org