Admin Support Officer - Electoral and Registration Services
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, with fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease and boasting over 20 square miles of scenic countryside, consisting of canals, rivers, parks and woodland. We're also home to some of the world's most renowned brands such as Coca-Cola and United Biscuits.
With an ambitious strategy we pride ourselves on delivering services that improve the lives of all our residents, businesses and partners. Embarking on our journey of continuous improvement, we've set an agenda to ensure the provision of; safer communities, a thriving local economy, a greener more sustainable environment, whilst increasing our digital capabilities throughout the Borough.
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do! We want to attract talented individuals like yourself who share our aspirations for the borough, and can support us to deliver exceptional services for Hillingdon.
What does an Admin Support Officer do at Hillingdon?
We are looking for a part time administrator to join the electoral team. This will be 24 hours per week (9am-4pm 4 days per week)
As a member of the Electoral and Registration Service, you will be required to provide a high quality administrative and support service, principally for the delivery of the electoral registration and election functions in accordance with legislation, core principles, key aims and Council objectives.
This is a high profile role, that will require you to have excellent organisation skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
In addition you will need excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to work effectively as an individual and with others. You will also be required to work unsociable hours as and when required especially in the build up to elections.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.