Operational Commissioning Officer
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Operational Commissioning Officer to join our committed and developing Operational Commissioning Team
As Operational Commissioning Officer you will play a key role in ensuring that the wellbeing of adults are at the centre of all placement decisions, in order to make sure that we are meeting needs and delivering the best outcomes for the people of the borough of Wokingham; whilst achieving value for money.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for commissioning placements for vulnerable adults across several different provisions, including residential, nursing care, supported living, with an emphasis of supporting hospital discharge and prevention of re-admission.
- Provide advice and support to brokerage services on all aspects of commissioning and market knowledge concerning possible suitable providers.
- Lead the commissioning process for more complex cases and groups of service users.
- Work as part of a specialised placement team and contribute to the wider function of the Commissioning Directorate
- Work collaboratively with frontline practitioners and a range of professionals.
- Ensuring high quality placements are commissioned at the right price mindful of the budgetary restraints that social care has and the public purse.
- Knowledge of Mosaic preferrable
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to work with clear deadlines.
- Accurate recording and IT skills essential
- To contribute to the Wider Councils values and principles and seek to make a difference to the Adults of Wokingham
You will enjoy the friendly, open and supportive culture, as well as an incredible range of benefits including, flexible hours, a generous annual leave entitlement, an enhanced local government pension scheme, hybrid working options and much more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Rachel Wilson (Team Manager) Rachel.email@example.com or
Natalie McConnachie (Senior)
Closing Date: 7th June 23, 11pm
Interview Date: 9th and 12th June 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers, and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.