Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Hudson School and Family Wellbeing Centre, Moorhey Road, Maghull, L31 5LE.
Hudson is based in Maghull, Merseyside and we provide education for approximately 300 children from ages 2-11 years, from a range of backgrounds and a range of needs.
We take great pride in our true community school as it successfully provides a secure and nurturing resource for vulnerable children and families. We are privileged to offer our Family Wellbeing Centre facilities, outstanding 2 year old and 3 year old Nursery provision and furthermore our specialise resourced autism base to those within our reach with an ASC diagnosis.
At Hudson we want the best for every child, We believe that however long a child is with us, it is important that they make good progress and are equipped for the next stage of their education.
To achieve this, we wish to attract and welcome staff who will work hard to make sure our children feel they are part of a caring community. Please consider the requirements of this position and should you feel you could be a part of what we deliver, we would welcome an application from you to join the team.
The Governors of Hudson Primary School and Family Wellbeing Centre seek to make the
appointment of a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work within our Early years provision.
The post is 36 hours per week, term-time only.
This is a permanent post, subject to six months probation.
• Do you have experience and/ or qualifications in EYFS and do you have both interest and experience of working with children with special education and social need?
• Do you have a high level of patience, care and competence?
• Are you able to work as a team alongside the class teacher and other teaching assistants involved
in the children’s teaching and learning?
• Are you enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated?
• Do you have experience of working with children in a school setting?
• Do you have good Numeracy and Literacy skills?
• Are you a team player as well as being able to lead, manage, organise and motivate others?
• Do you possess excellent organisational skills?
• Are you committed to the safeguarding of children?
• Are you willing to contribute fully to the life of the school?
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant qualifications and experience suitable for working with children of primary school age
• An ability to be part of a friendly and supportive team and a flexible approach to working
• A high level of patience and understanding
• Enthusiasm and passion about working with children to support their needs and help them reach
• Experience of delivering literacy and numeracy interventions within a school setting
• Excellent basic skills in literacy and numeracy with good spoken English
Experience of working within a school environment, particularly as a Teaching Assistant with EYFS children would be an advantage.
We can offer you:
• A caring and supporting ethos
• A happy and positive school
• Enthusiastic, well behaved and hardworking pupils
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
• A commitment to future development and training
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be
confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all
staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme
How to Apply
Application forms, job description and any further information are available on the links below.
All applications should be returned directly to the school by 6pm on the closing date shown to email@example.com
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Application form, job description and person specification are available from the links below. It is hoped that shortlising and interviews will take place quickly following the closing date and successful short listed candidates will be invited into school for an interview and task / observation.