HR Business Partner - Education / Schools
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled and motivated HR Business Partner to join our team and work collaboratively with education managers and headteachers to provide a customer focused HR service.
You will also be responsible for:
- Contributing to and supporting the delivery of the Workforce Strategy to improve service delivery through effective people management and organisational development initiatives.
- Provision of professional advice and support in relation to recruitment and selection, resolution of challenging and complex employee relations matters, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absence and performance management.
- Enable and support service transformation through the use of effective Organisational Development interventions and Human Resource Management strategies.
- Support the performance management culture within Schools and the Education Service, including capability related casework and advising and guiding education managers and headteachers through the relevant policies.
- Work in conjunction with the transactional team to develop and support recruitment and appointment arrangements to ensure an effective and improving service to schools and to act as the O.D. representative at headteacher and deputy headteacher recruitment meetings, as appropriate.
- Support and advise in respect of the Authority’s JE Scheme and assist with relevant processes and procedures
- Work in partnership with trade unions and key stakeholders.
You will be CIPD qualified (level 5 as a minimum) or equivalent with a knowledge of employment legislation and its application. A proven track record and experience of working in Human Resources dealing with complex employee relations matters is essential.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Generous annual and special leave provisions
- Flexible working arrangements, in terms of working hours, working arrangements, and work locations
- A wide range of family friendly policies to support a healthy work-life balance
- An employee benefits scheme that includes a range of offers and discounts
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development opportunities
You will require access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date Midnight 1st June 2023
Interview Date 13th June 2023