If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge within Social Care Administration, we want to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting to the following Administrator positions at our South West office, based in Guildford:
- 1x permanent, 36-hour per week post
- 1x fixed term (12-month contract), 36-hour per week post
Working within our Children's Services and Social Care Team, you will play an integral part in the day to day running of the department and all things admin.
As our Team Administrator, you will require:
- Prior experience in administration.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment (when we are in the office).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (we handle telephone calls in this role).
- Experience in minute/note taking on a laptop (we minute meetings daily in this role).
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
To succeed as a Team Administrator in our team you will:
- Be a team player but also be able to work independently and be confident in using your initiative.
- Be confident, organised and able to implement a proactive approach to your work.
- Display resilience and be able to work towards tight deadlines.
- Be willing to learn new skills to develop within the team and help others.
- Be adaptable to change in processes as the service requires.
You will be highly organised, willing to take responsibility, able to use your initiative, and be comfortable in setting your own priorities and meeting deadlines. You will make sure that everything is in place to guarantee that all runs smoothly for the processes and teams you support.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential along with a high level of written and verbal communication skills. You will have experience of working with highly confidential information in a customer-focused environment, as well as the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About our Service, the role and the team you will be joining:
Children, Families and Learning provides a range of highly specialist services to vulnerable children and young people. Services are delivered directly to children and their families within extensive statutory frameworks, and staff working in these areas need specialist knowledge in order to deliver effective services to these high-risk and high-need groups. Our administration teams support front line social care and education staff.
In this role you will organise multiagency meetings on behalf of the social care teams; liaise with professionals both within social care and with other agencies; keep track of information; update and maintain spreadsheets and databases; take meeting notes and subsequently distribute to involved parties, ensuring timescales are met; and also provide performance information.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 07/06/2023.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted and interviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore vacancies may be filled before the closing date.
A Basic DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check will be required for this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days' annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.