Resident Engagement Assistant
Salary: Band 4 - £21,205 - £22,437 p.a. (£16,047 - £16,979 pro rata)
28 hours per week (8.30 - 4pm with half an hour lunch - can be flexible)
Based at the Resident Participation Centre, West Leigh, Havant
What is the role?
The resident participation centre is a small community space primarily used by our tenants and leaseholders within the local area, although other local residents are welcome to use the space. We encourage individuals and community groups to use the space so that they get to know each other and participate in largely self-led activities, such as craft, book clubs, gardening and coffee mornings, although there are some activities led by our resident engagement officers such as one-pot cooking and employment support. We also have a small IT suite available for use and a garden area.
You will be based at the centre mainly covering the centre’s opening hours, ensuring that the space is welcoming, clean, tidy and safe. You will make sure that centre users have everything they need and use the space respectfully, engaging with the centre activities and users as appropriate.
Responsible for day-to-day administration tasks at the centre, you will also support the resident engagement team in managing their appointments and demands, updating spreadsheets, creating basic reports and answering queries and gathering feedback from residents on services that we provide. You will be expected to take minutes at meetings, including one monthly evening meeting held in Portsmouth.
Please see the full job profile attached here for more details of this role and what it will involve!
Who is the person?
Please provide examples.
You need to:
- Have experience in general office working and administration including:
- answering the telephone
- booking appointments
- minute taking
- updating social media sites
- data entry and manipulation
- report writing
- Have good communication skills (including listening) as you will be dealing with members of the public, city council staff and other external agencies and be able to provide a high standard of customer care.
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to resolve conflict but have a friendly and empathetic manner to be able to understand the situations of our customers.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft IT systems and be confident in their use – to include Word, Outlook and publisher.
- Have knowledge of Excel and be able to input and present simple data.
- Have the organisational skills to manage multiple workloads.
- Be self-motivated, look to implement centre improvements where necessary.
- Be able to remain calm and resilient in challenging situations.
- Have experience of lone-working and working on your own initiative.
- Being trained in First Aid would be an advantage although training will be given if you are not qualified.
- It is desirable to have knowledge of Health and Safety checks, fire drills, risk assessments and opening and closing, although training will be given.
Closing date/time: 30^th May 2023 @ 12.00pm
IT assessment and meeting the centre users will be held on 6^th or 8^th June for 1.30 hours and if successful then you will be offered an interview on Friday 16^th June 2023.
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the 'Who is the Person' points with the use of examples from your experience and attach this as a cover letter in the Supporting Documents section. This is really important or you are likely not to be shortlisted. Please see the full job profile attached here.
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potentials with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 31 days annual leave per year + bank holidays
- A range of retail discounts via our reward portal offering discounts at retailers including IKEA, Currys, Tesco
- Free Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships
- Potential to purchase additional annual leave
- Business travel support and initiatives, including bike loans
If you need any support in completing your application please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org