Graduate Teaching Assistant (Ark Blacklands Primary Academy)
Salary: £19,245 per annum
Contract type: Full-Time (Fixed term)
Working pattern: Term Time Only
Closing date: 9am Friday 23 June 2023
Interview date: To take place as suitable applications are received therefore we recommend you do not delay in submitting your application if you are interested in this post.
How to apply: Please select the role you are applying for on www.arkblacklandsprimary.org/vacancies and submit your application by the deadline.
Who to contact if you have a query: Contact Mary Quinn on 01424 429279 or email@example.com to arrange an informal chat or a visit.
About the role
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Salary: £21,575 pro rata, £11.49 per hour (Actual Salary £19,245)
Contract: Fixed-Term to 31st August 2024
Hours: 37.5 per week, Full-time, term time only
Start date: 1st September 2023
Closing date: 9am Friday 23rd June
Interviews: To take place as suitable applications are received therefore we recommend you do not delay in submitting your application if you are interested in this post.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support teachers and pupils for 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday Fixed Term for the duration of the academic year.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you can expect to receive the following:
- A fantastic school-based experience in an Outstanding Primary School.
- An excellent opportunity to gain experience from first class teachers daily.
- Access to professional development via both the school and the Ark Network.
- The opportunity to apply for the Ark Teacher Training (ATT) programme from September 2024.
This is an exceptional opportunity for graduates who are considering teaching as a future career! Read more about ATT at https://www.arkteachertraining.org/
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ambition to train to be a Primary School Teacher in 2024 – 2025
- Have a degree, or be due to graduate this summer, as well as good A-Level and GCSE grades
- Have a passion for education and a desire to work in a class-based role supporting pupils of all abilities and backgrounds to make sustained progress.
- Have a confident personality and the ability to engage pupils from all backgrounds.
- Be empathetic and ensure the schools values underpin all that they do.
- Work closely with pupils, parents, and staff to unlock full potential
View the full job description and person specification here.
About our school:
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is a popular and oversubscribed primary school in the heart of Hastings. We recently celebrated having our Outstanding status confirmed by Ofsted.
We are a school with a new intake each year of 3 forms, with 90 pupils in each year group, from reception through to year 6. Our staff make a tremendous effort to get to know each pupil and provide them with the very best care.
As part of the Ark schools’ network, we are committed to making sure that every child has access to a great education and real choices in life. We know that great schools need great staff, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career.
Find out more by visiting www.arkblacklandsprimary.org/.
- Comprehensive CPD – we offer twice as many training days as standard.
- Access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
- Opportunity to apply for international exchanges and other scholarship prospects
Find out more about the benefits by visiting www.arkonline.org/the-best-support.
How to apply:
Please select the role you are applying for on www.arkblacklandsprimary.org/vacancies and submit your application by the deadline.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please come and see us to find out more! Contact Mary Quinn on 01424 429279 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat or a visit.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.