Business Support Assistant Temporary
- Are you interested in joining our Business Support Team here at West Lancashire Borough Council?
- Are you passionate about delivering an excellent customer service?
We are currently seeking a full time Business Support Assistant who is looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced role within our Business Support Team.
You will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and clerical support to meet the demands of key operational teams across the Council, whose administrative functions have been assigned to Business Support. These teams will include
Environmental Services, Planning and Regulatory Services, Corporate and Customer Services and Wellbeing and Place Services.
You will need to be a team player and work collaboratively with colleagues, management, and customers to ensure service-related enquiries are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
Some of the key duties will include:
- Opening/scanning of incoming post.
- Dealing with telephone, written and electronic enquiries in relation to Waste Management, Environmental Health and Environmental Protection.
- Inputting and extracting data using a range of management information systems, working to strict deadlines, to ensure the work is completed in a timely way. You will need to ensure that the data you are responsible for is up to date, accurate and reliable.
- You will need excellent administrative skills with a high level of attention to detail and some experience of working within a customer-facing environment.
- You will possess excellent ICT skills, including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and other packages as required.
- You will demonstrate a resilient and positive attitude with the ability to contribute constructive ideas to the team to support continuous improvement.
The post holder will support the development of a positive organisational culture that is outward looking, evidence based and customer focused. You will adhere to the Council’s Expected Behavioural Standards ensuring that a high standard of customer care is maintained and dealt with in a courteous manner.
What can we offer in return? We pride ourselves on our friendliness and being a good employer with a range of benefits and employment terms and conditions to suit you. A competitive salary, generous annual leave, the opportunity for hybrid working, Local Government Pension Scheme, work life balance policies, and support for your personal development are just some of the benefits we offer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be part of our multi-disciplinary business support service, we would love to hear from you.