Special Educational Needs Leader [with class teaching responsibility]
Special Educational Needs Leader (with Class teaching responsibility)
MPR 1-6 / £28,00-£38,810 per annum
UPR 1-3 / £40,625 - £43,685 per annum
TLR2A - £3017 per annum
The governors wish to appoint a SEND TLR holder with class teacher responsibility (FTE) from January 2024 or sooner if possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teacher who will complement our strong team ethos in our drive to raise standards.
‘Millbrook School is well led and managed. Leaders, including governors, know their school well. Staff are proud to work at the school.’ OFSTED 2019
Our new Special Educational Needs Leader is someone who:
- Has a passion for an engaging curriculum and can confidently lead teaching particularly for those with SEND.
- Has either the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination/ or the willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment.
- Can inspire and lead a creative and committed staff team.
- Has energy, enthusiasm and resilience.
- Has an excellent understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and a secure knowledge of the importance of personal education plans.
- Has the ability to work with professionals providing support to the family to ensure children with SEND receive appropriate support.
- Is a nurturing and creative teacher with the ability to motivate all children to achieve their best.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as part of a supportive and enthusiastic team.
Our school can offer you:
- Supportive families and fabulous children who are courteous, kind, curious and motivated to learn.
- A commitment to positive work/life balance.
- A fantastic team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and supportive staff, leadership and Governors.
- Dedicated weekly leadership time.
- A positive ethos for all members of our school community.
- A school that is committed to continuous professional development.
- A strong and genuine commitment to the emotional wellbeing of staff and children
We warmly welcome you to a tour of the school. We pride ourselves on our positive nurturing school environment. Please contact the school office on 0151 477 8160 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
‘By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022’
Millbrook Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: Friday, 16 June at 12:00pm
Lesson observations; Wednesday, 21 and Thursday, 22 June 2023
Interviews –Wednesday, 28 June 2022