PA to Director
We are looking for two highly organised, efficient, and motivated individuals to provide support to the Director of Environment & Street Scene, Director of Leisure, Culture & Parks and the Director of Customer & Communications within our new Environment and Communities Department and be part of the Executive Support Team in the Environment & Communities Department.
Reporting into the Business Manager you will be responsible for the provision of effective and efficient administrative support across the 3 Directors and their teams.
You will be expected to communicate with a range of officers across the Council; Councillors, colleagues of a variety of levels in all departments, partner agencies etc.
We are looking for an individual with excellent customer service skills, administrative and organisational skills who can work under pressure, be adept at managing their own workload, and use their own initiative.
You will need excellent communication skills, be a good team player, with the ability to manage and prioritise busy workloads, to handle sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality, and to work flexibly to ensure the office is covered.
This is a busy office and you will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that the office runs smoothly.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Sarah Hayes at email@example.com for an informal discussion
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents.
Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 32 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.