Senior Social Worker Lifelong Services Western
An exciting opportunity to deliver an effective, customer focussed service through within our Lifelong Services provision.
Join us - make a difference in our communities
Lifelong Services operate countywide, with teams based in each of the three main hubs within West Sussex. Our Lifelong Services Teams have a unique focus, supporting young people and adults with lifelong physical disabilities, learning disabilities, autism, and brain injuries acquired at an early age. We also work with adults with sensory impairments acquired at any age.
About The Job
Salary: Social Worker: £35,411 - £38,296, Senior Social Worker: £39,493 - £42,403 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: Bognor Regis
As a Social Worker working within this very busy but supportive team, you will be expected to carry a varied case load delivering high quality assessments with the aim of supporting young people to increase their independence and plan for the future.
You will be expected to work within organisational, policy and legislative frameworks including Care Act 2014, Human Rights Acts 2000, Mental Health Acts 1983 and 2007, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty/Liberty Protection Safeguards. We also support young people who fall under the remit of Transforming Care with the aim of further supporting people to live in the community with the right support available to them.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role and we would consider applications from social workers who have experience working across all sectors including Adults, Mental Health and children's who are committed to providing a holistic service to young people and their families and a willingness to work within a multidisciplinary way.
Experience and Skills
Commitment to strengths based working is essential as well as a good working knowledge of safeguarding, risk assessment and enablement and an ability to build good relationships with young people ensuring that their views are heard.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Social Worker
- Be responsible for managing a complex but varied caseload with the support of their supervisor/manager
- Have the skills to work in multi-disciplinary way and navigate pathways within differing health, social care and education systems.
- Be able to support a service undergoing some exciting changes and developments
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of strength based practice.
- Have experience of supporting and supervising other staff and peer supervision to assist in the development of team members and the service as a whole.
- Have good knowledge, skills and experience of statutory roles and responsibilities for adult social care- knowledge of Children's legislation would be helpful bit not essential
- Demonstrate a keen interest in developing their knowledge and skills to reflect the changing needs of the young people we support and the development of Transition as a service.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a rewarding job opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme, employer contribution 5.8%
- Training and development opportunities
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
You will lead, promote and demonstrate the values of our organisation.
* Trust and Support
* Listen and Act Upon
* Customer Centred
* Honest and Realistic
* Genuinely Valued
You will lead, promote, and demonstrate the cultural ambition of our
"We have an inclusive and supportive culture, work in partnership and reward
individual and team contribution."
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04234 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Paul Rogers, Team Manager at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to (delete as appropriate) Social Work England registration, HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!