Establishment Control Officer
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Establishment Control Team within Payroll Services as an Establishment Control Officer.
The Establishment Control Team are responsible for the organisational structures within the councils Agresso ERP solution, and organisational activities of the council. The Team provide the maintenance of the platform that all of the employee HR & Payroll records are attached to.
The successful candidate will support the day to day running of the Payroll and HR Transactions Service at West Northamptonshire Council.
The role will be based at One Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team and support us on our journey – if you think this could be you, we want to hear from you.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.What will you be doing?
Alongside your colleagues you will be responsible for creating, changing and deleting positions and organisational structures within the system. You will also be maintaining the default background elements attached to these items (e.g. Default Hours, Locations, Line Management Responsibilities, Cost Centre Codes etc.)
You will work with the HR Team, service managers and the Business Systems Team to implement system restructures/changes to ensure that all client system structures and hierarchies are kept up to date and accurate.
We process Payrolls for multiple Clients including West Northamptonshire Council, North Northamptonshire Council, Cambridgeshire County Council and Milton Keynes City Council to name a few.About you
You do not need experience across all aspects of the role as we will support you with a full development plan, however, we would like to hear from prospective new colleagues who can demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
• Ability to work methodically, accurately, and to agreed deadlines
• Ability to use a wide range of IT packages
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and managers
• An interest in career development within Local Government.
To succeed in this challenging role you should have a flexible approach, work well within a team, and be able to use your own initiative to 'think outside of the box’.About us
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.