Cleaning Operative for Public Conveniences
Salary: Band 3 - £20,812 - £21,205 p.a.
37 hours per week Monday - Friday (16:30 - 00:30 in summer, 15:30 - 23:30 in winter) including bank holidays
The purpose of our service is “to help keep the city safe, clean and tidy and provide advice/support when needed”
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference.
What is the role?
The role involves carrying out cleaning tasks at public conveniences. Our service is demand-led which means you will have to be able to assess what needs doing at each job and prioritise tasks that pose potential risks, dealing with these first and then carrying out the remainder of the cleaning tasks in an organised/systematic/methodical way.
In addition to daily activities, you may be required to carry out specialist cleaning tasks, such as steaming, jet-washing and buffing. Cleaning experience would be an advantage but not essential, as full training will be given. You will be required to carry out internal and external cleaning throughout the year working in all weathers.
You need to be flexible in where you work, including moving around different teams and housing areas, sometimes at short notice, in order to allow us to effectively run our service. It is imperative that you are reliable and a good timekeeper. You must have a good understanding of Health & Safety practices and be able to demonstrate safe methods of work when cleaning which promotes the health and safety of yourself and others. You will need to use equipment correctly and be prepared to carry out regular care and maintenance of the equipment provided.
In addition to cleaning around the estate, you will be required to deal with customer feedback which will involve speaking to residents as well as reporting bulky items, communal repairs and anti-social behaviour issues to the relevant departments. Good communication skills are essential, both over the phone and face-to-face. You will be working either in a small team or on your own and will be required to self-manage in order to meet our purpose at each job you are assigned.
***Please note that a full UK driving licence is essential***
Who is the person?
- To be a motivated, hard-working and conscientious individual who is able to use initiative when necessary and take pride in the work.
- To be a team-player with good self-awareness, supporting others in meeting the Green & Clean purpose.
- To be a confident and calm person who is able to be diplomatic in challenging situations.
- To be able to make good decisions, take responsibility for actions and learn from any mistakes made.
- To have the ability to converse at ease with customers and colleagues in accurate spoken English.
- To be able to communicate effectively and be a good listener.
- To be flexible and able to adapt to changing work situations.
- To be an honest person with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the 'Who is the Person' points with the use of examples from your experience and attach this as a cover letter in the Supporting Documents section. This is really important or you are likely not to be shortlisted. Please click here for the full job profile.
Closing date: 26th May 2023.
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potentials with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 31 days annual leave per year + bank holidays
- A range of retail discounts via our reward portal offering discounts at retailers including IKEA, Currys, Tesco
- Free Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships
- Potential to purchase additional annual leave
- Business travel support and initiatives, including bike loans
Should you require any support in completing the application form please contact email@example.com