Caretaker with Cleaning Responsibilities, Level 3 (Stonegate CE Primary School)
Hours of work: Up to 25 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-Time
(As the position is part-time the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 9 June 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Stonegate CE Primary School, Station Road, Stonegate, Nr Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 7EN
Phone: 01580 200415
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Stonegate CEP School is located in a beautiful part of the High Weald. We are a popular school with an excellent local reputation and pride ourselves on our commitment to the arts, the outdoors and science.
The Headteacher and Governors of Stonegate C of E Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated Caretaker to become a valued and trusted member of our friendly, expanding and successful school.
We will offer you:
- A good school with a very positive ethos and happy and responsible children
- A talented, nurturing and hard-working staff team, with a supportive and committed Governing Body.
- A well maintained school.
- A commitment to supporting your continued professional development
- Working hours between 2.30pm and 7.30pm daily (this can be flexible).
We would like the successful candidate to:
- Have excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work effectively.
- Support the school with cleaning, maintenance, health and safety and safeguarding.
- Be hardworking, dedicated, reliable and act as a role model and set personal high standards in the completion of cleaning and other duties.
- Have the necessary skills of good DIY and ready to undertake general handyman repairs, maintenance and cleaning with confidence.
- Maintain effective records related to health and safety and maintenance check procedures.
- Be a committed and efficient worker who will be flexible, use their own initiative and be proactive in solving problems.
- Contribute to the security, safety and day to day running of the school premises and site.
- Have the ability to promote the school’s ethos and reputation within the community and effectively work as part of our school team.
Please note that as we are a Church of England Controlled School, the successful candidate will be expected to be supportive of the Christian ethos of our school.
The school may consider the position on a 12.5 hour per week part time basis (2.45pm - 5.15pm each day).
Visits to the school are encouraged and candidates should contact our Headteacher, Jonathan Elms, to make arrangements.
If you would like further information please email Jonathan Elms at email@example.com or telephone the school office on 01580 200415.
Closing Date: Friday 9th June at 12 noon.
Interview Date: After 9th June with a view to starting in July / August 2023. This date will be subject to the completion of a DBS check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this position is whole time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (26 days if you have less than 5 years’ continuous local government service, 31 days if you have in excess of 5 years’ continuous local government service; pro rata for part time). The final salary is Pro Rata and is less than that advertised.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.