Investigation Officer - Fraud
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an Investigation Officer to join our high achieving and well respected Fraud Investigation Service.
As an Investigation Officer you will play a key role in conducting a variety of investigations across Council service areas and with external business partners in order to prevent and detect fraud, irregularities and to safeguard public funds.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking reactive and proactive investigations, gathering evidence to prevent, detect and take appropriate action for fraud, theft and error across Council services.
• Conduct home visits and inspections across the Borough.
• Work collaboratively with team members, other departments and external partners whilst investigating and identify service improvements to prevent fraud.
• Experience of undertaking investigations within the requirements of CPIA, PACE and DPA.
• Knowledge of fraud and corruption in the public sector
• Knowledge of Local Taxation, Council Tax Support and Social Housing legislation.
This role offers excellent benefits including generous annual leave, Local Government Pension Scheme and agile/flexible working.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Adam Goodyear, Investigations Team Leader on email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.