System Support Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a System Support Officer, to support the strategic and operational development of the council’s social care case management system (Liquidlogic), and other specialist systems relating to education and youth support services.
Do you have the vision to support systems for long-term success, whilst having an ability for technical problem-solving and an eye for detail? If so, this role could be for you.
- You will have technical skills and experience of working in a system development and support service, ideally in a social care context and ideally using Liquidlogic.
- You will be able to engage productively with colleagues at all levels, communicating clearly using straightforward language – verbally and in writing.
- You will bring an enthusiastic and solution-focused attitude to the role – a ‘can-do’ approach.
About the role…
As the System Support Officer your work will include the following:
- Day-to-day helpdesk support, assisting with the review and development of the provision.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of end-to-end processes for all major system development (e.g. Liquidlogic upgrades) via a roadmap process.
- Supporting with the design and delivery of a training function for social care case management system users.
- Delivery of formal system-related change management processes.
- Ensuring system architecture is configured to deliver wider council priorities, such as customer self-service and high-quality performance reporting.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to a standard check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
Interviews will be held in June 2023, exact dates to be confirmed. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Our offer to you:
Rutland Council is committed to flexible working and understands the benefits of supporting employees to manage their work and life balance, whilst meeting the needs of the service.
We are committed to supporting and empowering our staff to be the best workers that they can be and Rutland Council is the place you want to be. Our benefits go beyond the salary – being part of a great team, excellent local government pension, generous annual leave, opportunities to learn and develop your career, and a demonstrable commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the local authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have the opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage. The frequency of which will be decided between you and your line manager.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Kasia Holt, System Development Lead on email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process, please call us on 01572 728269 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758291 or email us at email@example.com