Housing Options Officer - Ex Offenders (P01771)
Housing Options Officer (Ex-offenders)
12 month fixed term post
Starting salary £30,105pa with potential progression to £36,716 on achieving designated skills and experience
37 hours per week
We are looking for a dedicated, motivated individual to join our Housing Needs Team, Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council’s Team of the Year in both the 2019 and 2020 Employee Recognition Awards.
You will be part of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Housing Options team, specialising in providing housing advice and assistance to individuals who are currently in prison with upcoming release date or those who have spent a period in prison who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
You will assist customers to improve their situation so that they can remain in stable accommodation and will do this by negotiating with landlords and relatives to prevent homelessness. You will work towards getting people away from a life on the streets, working closely with our Rough Sleeping, Housing Options and Private Sector Housing Teams to identify accommodation and assist people into suitable, affordable, and sustainable homes.
You will demonstrate your ability to deal with emotionally challenging cases in difficult situations, providing advice to members of the public and determining what legal duties are owed to customers who approach the Council for assistance.
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in providing high quality public services to the local community
- Experience of working in Housing Options and homelessness, providing excellent levels of customer service. Experience of working with ex-offenders will benefit an application.
- The ability to negotiate with landlords, letting agents and applicants to find solutions to complicated situations
- Experience of working with several IT systems and ability to learn new systems to a high standard
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in a role that specialises in finding solutions for Single adults and Couples, and developing or increasing their understanding of how homelessness affects this group.
If you are passionate about helping people and assisting those in housing need, and also thrive under pressure and enjoy team working – we want to hear from you. The council have developed a ‘One Team’ approach to working and this relies on each and every person working collaboratively to deliver shared goals. To be a positive influence on this environment, you’ll need to be able to support others and be a genuine team player.
What the council is really looking for is someone with a true customer focus, an understanding of what great customer service involves and a commitment to delivering outstanding results.
Closing date for applications is 4 June 2023.
Assessments will be held on 9 June 2023.
Interviews will be held on 16 June 2023.