Corporate Projects Programme Manager
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and highly capable Programme Manager who can lead the implementation of a range of high profile projects across the Council.
Working in a fast paced team, you will bring vitality, energy and leadership skills to drive forward complex and challenging projects from conception to fruition, ensuring projects achieve the desired objectives and contribute to the priorities of our Corporate Strategy.
Collaboration will be a core strength and you will bring ideas and innovation, providing strategic guidance in ways that build a robust approach to project management throughout the Council.
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent relevant experience, and hold a relevant project management qualification.
- Significant experience working at a strategic level leading the delivery of complex projects.
- An experienced and respected leader.
- Excellent communicator with good presenting, negotiating, networking and report writing skills.
- Highly organised and self-sufficient.
About the role…
- Manage a corporate project management structure which provides strategic guidance to managers and teams and builds project management capacity.
- To bring together a range of high profile and interconnected projects, ensuring organisational oversight.
- Support project sponsors and leads with the project initiation and business proposal stage to ensure effective presentation of the identified business need and objectives.
- Lead and direct project teams to deliver projects and to identify, understand and overcome problems and minimise any timescale or budget disruption.
- To provide leadership and day to day management of the Corporate Projects team.
- To co-ordinate internal project teams and liaise with external project managers (when appointed) from inception to completion
- To maintain a project management framework and all associated processes.
The Corporate Projects Programme Manager interviews will be held week of 12th June 2023.
Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Our offer to you:
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have the opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage.
Rutland Council is committed to Flexible Working and understands the benefits of supporting employees to manage their work and life balance, whilst meeting the needs of the service.
We are committed to supporting and empowering our staff to be the best workers that they can be and Rutland Council is the place you want to be. Our benefits go beyond the salary – being part of a great team, excellent Local Government Pension, generous annual leave, opportunities to learn and develop your career, and a demonstrable commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff.