Commissioning Manager - Early Prevention and Intervention
We have an excellent position available for a Commissioning Manager (Early Prevention and Intervention) to join our Adult Social Care Team.
As Commissioning Manager, you will work with the Head of Service for Strategic Commissioning, other members of the Strategy, Commissioning and Performance Team and a strong voluntary and community sector, to drive and implement the fast-paced transformation of the Adult Social Care and Health services.
Our aim is to deliver better outcomes for people, improved value for money, and a sustainable high quality Adult Social Care system for the people of the borough of Wokingham, in line with our strategic priorities set out in the Adult social Care Strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To lead on the commissioning cycle for adult social care services to prevent, reduce and delay the need for statutory care
- Working with our partners, including health, to deliver the aims set out in our Voluntary Sector Strategy
- Relationship and contract management of over 20 local voluntary and charity organisations
- To continue the expansion of our successful Charity and Community Hub
- To ensure that our local service offer is inclusive and reflects the diverse demography of the borough
- Able to drive change and improvement
- Passion for improving the lives of vulnerable adults
- Experience of voluntary sector and local authority organisations
- Ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
We offer interesting work and a vast range of incredible benefits including training, a generous annual leave allowance, a local government pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and much more!
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jenny Lamprell on email@example.com Strictly no agencies.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th June 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: W/C 3rd July
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.